Neighbors, we want to make you aware of the top takeaways from the RPNA Board meeting on Thursday:
- The new SacPD sergeant overseeing our area is Sgt. Clayton Buchanan. He has been on the force for 12 years and stated a commitment to be responsive to neighborhood concerns. If anyone in the neighborhood has a non-urgent concern they want to pass along to the Sgt., the RPNA liaisons are Neighborhood Watch coordinators Shelley Hescock and Justin Wisely and can be contacted at RiverParkPatrol@gmail.com Immediate concerns should be communicated to the SacPD non-emergency line: (916) 264-5471. Reminder: please report ALL crimes to the SacPD via its web portal so that SacPD resources are deployed appropriately.
- The Children’s Park at East Lawn (42nd and Folsom) is reopening with a new playground and picnic area on March 8.
- If anyone wants to report a Jump Bike being left at an inappropriate location, such as a sidewalk or street, the contact is firstname.lastname@example.org. The City also indicated they are looking at installing a bike rack for the bikes both at the RP shopping plaza and at Glenn Hall.
- The PR Committee is continuing to update the River Park website and populate it with additional information. We encourage everyone to bookmark it as a resource (www.RiverParkSacramento.net).
- We are beginning planning for the RPNA Spring General Meeting, tentatively April 13 at Caleb Greenwood. Draft agenda topics include Water Meters and Two Rivers Trail update. Please let us know if there are topics you would like to see covered at the meeting.
- Planning will soon begin for the 4th of July Parade & Festival. We need additional volunteers to help plan and execute the event to help make sure it is a success! If you are interested in helping please contact Tony Mader at (916) 475-4064 and he will pass the information to the Events Committee.
- The RPNA Board shuffled its officers due to a resignation. New President is Tony Mader and new VP is Doug Leslie. New Board member is Lynette Scalora-Palacios.
Interested in any of these issues? All residents are welcome to come to RPNA Board meetings. Next meeting is 3/21 at 7:30pm at Freemont Church, 210.