Neighbors, we want to make you aware of the following Top Takeaways from Thursday’s RPNA:
1. We have a number of hot topics slated for our Sat May 11 General Meeting at Caleb Greenwood: The City will provide (1) an overview of water meter installation beginning in June and have multiple staff available to answer property-specific questions, and (2) an update on the Two Rivers Trail. Local law enforcement will provide an overview of latest efforts and answer questions. School Board member Leticia Garcia will provide an overview on the latest with the District and answer questions. Free food/beverages starts at 9am, meeting at 10:00. More to come.
2. The City is considering Glenn Hall Park as one of the locations for free 5G WiFi, with a base station at the pool and a connection radius of ~300ft. This service could be turned off at night. The City wants to make sure there isn’t concern about this project. If you have concerns, please comment below or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. The City will soon be making some improvements to Glenn Hall Park, including installing new bike racks, replacing concrete, and constructing a planter around at least one tree.
4. The RP Tree Canopy Project is adjusting its efforts in 2019. The Community Planting on Saturday November 16 will include large native Valley Oaks, and focus on replacing trees that SMUD recently removed. The Project will look for suitable locations (including Glenn Hall) for Valley Oaks. If you are interested in planting a larger sized Valley Oak, please contact Kate Riley (email@example.com) or respond below and we will connect you.
5. We are looking for volunteers for 4th of July festival and parade. This is a fun event and a great way to give back to the neighborhood! More details to come regarding duties and shifts. If you are interested, please contact Kim Teague, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or comment below, and we will connect you.